Spring is all about revival, rejuvenation and fresh beginnings. The one color that comes to mind when I think about this delightful season is green. To think that one green thing encompasses just what these words have to offer is remarkable!
My Saturday morning started with slicing some of these bad boys to have a crisp clean additive ingredient to my morning water and soon I couldn’t help but to think… a cucumber is so amazing! Check out my 10 favorite silly & informative facts about this magical fruit below! After reading, you’ll want to add this to your daily regimen… guaranteed!
1. Just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Cucumbers are about 95% water.
3. The outside of a cucumber can be used to erase pen, crayons and even markers!
4. Rubbing a cucumber slice along your mirror can eliminate fog buildup after a shower.
5. Eating a few cucumbers before bed after drinking alcohol can help hydrate and prevent that next day headache/ hang-over.
6. Place a slice of cucumber and press to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath.
7. Use a freshly cut cucumber slice to rub over a shoe to help create a quick durable shine that repels water.
8. The high water and potassium content helps to check weight gain and high blood pressure.
9. Cucumbers can assist with removing wrinkles and cellulite.
10. Rubbing a cucumber slice can remove tarnish and provide shine to surfaces. A green alternative to harsh chemicals!